How to get FREE Walking Tours in Poland
Free Walking Tours are the cheapest way to get a guided tour in Poland. These tours are made by non-licensed guides. Usually they do not require booking and they are executed on convenient hours. You can find them nearly in all the big cities of Poland.
When to get a FREE walking tour in Poland?
They are free but are made by not licensed guides
Also they might be in very big groups of 25 people or smaller
See also: For FREE in Warsaw
Briefly about the FREE walking tours
The tours are made by non-licensed guides on specific times. They also sometimes recruite people and teach them to do those tours. To be a professional and licensed guide is very hard.
Certainly, is the most inexpensive way to see the city, in case you are alone or a couple, even three people. The people who make those tours are usually awesome and have a lot of knowledge.
Usually, you just show up at the starting point, maybe 10 minutes before the startting time. For example in Warsaw they have tours at 10:00, then 11:00 and finally at 13:30.
The duration of the tours are usually 2,5 hours. You might be thinking that is not much time, but it is quite long.
The price for the free tours is specified as: "Pay as much you think the tour worth" or "Pay as you wish". Means you can give to the guide as much you think the tour worth.
Consider that if you are alone and in order to get a private professional tour in Warsaw, you need to pay at least €110. It is a lot of money and not everyone can affort this.
Here is when you better join a FREE tour. It is better than nothing. Rather than walking alone in the streets with so much history is better to get into a FREE tour and know what you are looking at.
Although it is not necessary to make a booking, it is always better to reserve your spot, because they do not take more than 25 people in a group.
So in case you are not lucky enough and they already have 25 people booked the same tour, you might stay out.
Some free tour exampels by Orange Umbrella are:
- World War II in Warsaw 13:30
- Historic Centre Old Town Warsaw at 10:00
- BEST OF WARSAW at 10:00
- JEWISH WARSAW FREE TOUR at 13:30
There are more companies doing free walking tours in Warsaw and in Poland. See below. Note that there are 2 different tours departing at 10:00 and 2 different tours departing at 13:30.
The two different tours take place on different days, one day they make one and the next day the other. So you have the chance to make all the 4 tours in two days. One in the morning and one in afternoon.
Orange umbrella is reccommended. They start always from Sigismund’s Column, which is this long Column in the beginning of the old town. See the picture below.
Sigismund’s Column - Warsaw old Town Castle Square
Who is performing the free tours?
All the tours are executed mostly by non-licensed individuals who have a lot of knowledge on the subject. Certainly the quality of those tours will never touch the quality of a private professional tour by a licensed guide.
In order to be a licensed guide, you need to go for extended courses and pass exams. Also you need to renew your licensed every some years and you are paying for this.
If you are a group of more than 3 people, then i highly reccommend to get a private professional tour in Warsaw. I offer private tours in Greek in Warsaw.
Professional tours are made private for your group and this is the reason you need to pay more money, but it's worth at the end.
The highest number of person in a FREE tour should not exceed the 25 person as specified. But everyone can join the tour on the way.
There are a few different companies that are doing FREE walking tours around Poland.
- Orange Umbrella Free Tour Warsaw. You can reserve your free spot on their website. Tested to be great. See my review on Trip Advisor.
- FREE Walkative Tour in Poland - See their Facebook Page. They have also individual pages for each city of Poland separate.
- Free Walking Tours Worldwide - Search for the City. Warsaw, Krakow, Gdansk and Poznan. This will give you available FREE tours from other companies.
- There are many other but seems they only do tours in Polish. In case you have FREE tours in English, please send me a message to add you here!
Free Walking tours - Summer
Free Walking tours - Winter
Why promoting the Free Tours?
Personally i would like to give you all the options they exist in Poland. This is the idea of this blog. Discover nice tours in Poland, Free things to do and travel tips that will save you money.
Certainly, there are a few differences between the free and the private professional tours which i sell.
- In paid tours, you will be picked up from your hotel on the time of your preference. Free tours depart on specific time and specific point.
- Paid tours are private tours for your group only. In free tours everyone can join anytime and also leave anytime.
- FREE tours are for very small groups and individuals that cannot affort a private tour.
- The Free tours are only walking, so you are going to see only the closest area.
- Finally, the Free tours are made by non-licensed guides, so you are not going to enter in any church or museum with them.
For example, if you are a group of 5 people, you can book a private tour just for your group. This will cost around €22 per person and it worth it!
Here you can find some intersting private and professional Warsaw tours. These are advertised in Greek, but i can provide professional guides in Warsaw and Krakow in English as well.
Free Walking Tours is better than no tours
People who make the FREE tours know their subject very well
Professional private tours are much better in quality
If you are a group of people, it worth to go private
What else to do in Poland?
You can find many ideas for saving money when booking a Hotel in Poland. I highly reccommend that you travel around Poland.
Few must see in Poland
In the first place, Poland was the center of the Nazi dirty plans against the Jewish nation. You must visit a few Nazi Camps and i have the best way's to do it.
You will see that for every professional tour, you will find also a how to plan it alone and save money.
Perhaps you should also consider to take a tour about Frederyck Chopin. The great composer was strongly related with Warsaw and still his heart is Warsaw.
Enjoy free walking tours or private tours in Warsaw old town
Also free walking tours and private tours in Krakow
Articles Most People Read
- Η ΖΩΗ ΣΤΗΝ ΒΑΡΣΟΒΙΑ, ΚΟΣΤΟΣ ΖΩΗΣ ΚΑΙ ΔΟΥΛΕΙΑ
- Poland money - Does Poland Use the Euro Currency?
- ΜΟΥΣΕΙΟ ΑΟΥΣΒΙΤΣ I - ΞΕΝΑΓΗΣΗ ΚΑΙ ΙΣΤΟΡΙΑ
- Events & Concerts in Poland - Greek Events
- Warsaw Airport, how to travel to the city center
- Breakfast for just 1 zloty in Warsaw - Śniadanie za złotówkę
- Awesome places outside Warsaw - Enjoy the Nature from Warsaw
- Awesome but different things to do in Warsaw with Kids and Not Only
- For Free in Warsaw Poland - Free Museums and Free Concerts