Krakow and Wieliczka Salt Mine from Warsaw
Visit Krakow and Wieliczka Salt Mine from Warsaw. The Wieliczka Salt Mine is one of the most valuable monuments of material and spiritual culture in Poland. It is much more than just a Salt Mine. Krakow is a fairy tale city and a must-see in Poland.
«Dense darkness conceals the amazing landscape sculpted in the salt by the forces of nature and human hands.
The deep silence is disturbed only by the sound of steps. All the participants of the expedition will learn to know themselves better.
This is the true secret of the Wieliczka Salt Mine.»
Go to: How to Visit Wieliczka Salt Mine from Warsaw?
Visit the Wieliczka Salt Mine in Greek
See also: Krakow and Auschwitz tours from Warsaw
Phases of Wieliczka Salt Mine
Wieliczka Salt Mine Brief Information
The Salt Mine in Wieliczka is one of the most valuable monuments of Poland. Visited by more than one million people from around the world every year.
Descend 140 meters underground into one of the world’s oldest working salt mines. See carvings, statues, and mining equipment all made of salt.
It is also a world-class monument, listed on the UNESCO’s World Cultural and Natural Heritage List since 1978.
The mine is a product of the work of tens of generations of miners.
The history of Wieliczka Salt Mine is older than 700 years and is the oldest business venture.
Do you know?
The oldest traces of human encampments on Polish lands dating back 500,000 years (Lower Palaeolithic) discovered in Trzebnica near Wroclaw.
Quite probably this was a camping site of reindeer hunters. Malopolska was also a favorable region for settlement.
More than just a Salt Mine
In the first place, let's take a look at the different routes someone can book for a visit to Wieliczka Salt Mine.
There are 3 different and very interesting Routes.
Route A - The tourist Route
This is the most common route and the one most people are going through. This route starts at the Danilowicz Shaft.
Visitors meet their guide, who during their excursion will tell them everything they want to know about the mining history and its secrets.
You are going to see magnificent chambers chiseled out in rock salt.
Amazing underground saline lakes, majestic timber constructions, and unique statues sculpted in salt.
Almost 3 kilometers of meandering corridors, 800 steps to climb of which 350 have to be descended to reach the depth of 135 meters underground.
Thus it is no surprise that till now, the Tourist Route has been visited by more than 43,026,898 visitors.
Source - Tourist Route
Route B - Miner's Route
Covered in working clothes and armed with mining equipment, the visitors to the Wieliczka mine stop feeling like tourists.
As soon as they descend into the darkness by the oldest existing mine shaft, the Regis.
The trail, located far off the busy Tourist Route, allows the visitors to discover the inner workings of the mine.
Learn the Miner's secret and also how to survive in case if something goes wrong.
On this tour, you are not going to see the beautiful sight of the Mine. It is something different.
Source - Miner's Route
Route C - Pilgrim's Route
Magnificent chapels, religious sculptures carved in salt, unique views. Beautiful chambers, galleries, and passageways.
Here, faith gives one strength for each step.
It's time to go on an expedition along the religious route of the Wieliczka mine, the underground "God Bless" Pilgrims’ Route.
The tour of the "God Bless" Pilgrims’ Route takes about 2.5 hours. The priest accompanying the group can celebrate a Mass at the end of the visit.
Enjoy the Chapel of St. Kinga and the Chapel of St. John.
The pilgrims can also enjoy various dishes prepared especially for them and purchase religious souvenirs. Special discounts are applicable
Source - Pilgrim's Route
Graduation tower in Wieliczka Salt Mine
Did you know that there is a Graduation Tower in Wieliczka Salt Mine you can visit for 6 PLN only?
The graduation tower is located in the vicinity of the Danilowicz Shaft through which tourists enter the undergrounds of the “Wieliczka” Salt Mine.
Recommended time at the tower – 30 minutes. Price List for Graduation tower in Wieliczka Salt Mine.
Visits at the graduation tower are of an individual character and guests visit alone, i.e. without a guide.
Thanks to its therapeutic properties it facilitates the treatment of selected chronic respiratory system ailments and disorders of a recurrent nature.
Brine inhalation therapy is applied mainly for treating respiratory system ailments of a chronic and recurring nature, such as:
- various forms of chronic rhinitis
- bronchial asthma and allergic respiratory diseases
- conditions following therapy of acute infections of the respiratory system
- chronic inflammation of paranasal sinuses
- chronic laryngitis and eustachitis
- chronic bronchitis
- chronic obstructive pulmonary disease
- occupational diseases and injury of the respiratory tracts due to occupational hazards.
Source - Graduation Tower Wieliczka
Krakow & Wieliczka Tour from Warsaw
When you are in Warsaw, the easiest way is to book a comfortable all-inclusive tour and worry no more.
Get your Tour to Krakow and Wieliczka Salt Mine from Warsaw.
The Price for an all-inclusive tour from Warsaw to Krakow and Wieliczka Salt Mine is as below.
- €110 p.p. (8 participants) and €117 p.p. (7 participants)
- €125 p.p. (6 participants) and €136 p.p. (5 participants)
- €139 p.p. (4 participants) and €177 p.p. (3 participants)
- €225 p.p. (2 participants) and €350 for only (1 participant).
- Transports from your Hotel in Warsaw by car or minibus (English speaking driver)
- Group guided tour in Krakow
- Group guided tour in the Wieliczka Salt Mine
- Entrance fee to Wieliczka Salt Mine
- Lunch of the day in a local restaurant
If you are eligible to book this tour, please contact me. We can provide a 5% discount on the above-listed price when booking with us.
If this cost is too high for you, please keep reading.
Plan and do it Cheaper
The fastest and cheapest way to get to Krakow from Warsaw is by the fast train which takes around 2 hours and 20 minutes.
Just book your tickets online from the intercity website to depart early in the morning and let us know your time of arrival in Krakow Główny.
From Krakow, we are going to pick you up and make a partially private tour to Krakow and Wieliczka Salt Mine.
Our English- speaking experienced professional driver will pick you up from the Krakow Główny as soon as you arrive. Ability to set the pickup time later and sleep more or eat something before you start your tour.
First, you are going to visit the famous Wieliczka Salt Mine in private transport and have a group tour in your language of preference (this is the only non-private part).
After your tour in Wieliczka Salt Mine, your personal driver will return you back to Krakow where you are going to have a private city tour in English for 1,5 hours. The tour can be customized to your needs.
Finally, you can do anything you like. Stay in Krakow for a night, go to eat and drink, have fun, and then return back to Warsaw whenever you like. There are trains until late at night, but better check them and book in advance.
Read here for Greek-speaking tours to Wieliczka Salt Mine.
- Flexibility in departure and arrival times
- Free Time in Krakow
- Private City Tour Customized on your Needs and with the ability to exclude it.
- Ability to Book your Tickets alone for Wieliczka Salt Mine
- Get all Discount offers available for Wieliczka Salt Mine Tickets (Family Tickets / Student Tickets).
- Faster Transports to Krakow (2h 20 minutes instead of 4,5 hours)
- Private City Tour
- Private Transport to Wieliczka Salt Mine.
Only Transport: €80 per group up-to (8 pax)
Krakow - Wieliczka Salt Mine - Krakow
The prices below include Normal Tickets for Wieliczka Salt Mine.
Listed Price is Per Group / Not Per Person.
The price does not include train tickets (around €30 p.p. both ways): Warsaw - Krakow - Warsaw.
|1 pax||2 pax||3 pax||4 pax|
- For 2 pax, the price is total: €188, which means €94 per person + the train tickets €30 per person, so the final price is €124 per person.
- For 4 pax, the total price is €246, which means €61,50 p.p. + the train tickets €30 per person, so the total price per person is €91,50.
- Wieliczka Salt Mine Entrance Tickets
- Live Guide + Headsets in the language of your preferences in Wieliczka Salt Mine (English, French, Spanish, German, Polish, Russian or Italian.)
- Private Transport: Krakow - Wieliczka Salt Mine - Krakow.
- Private Krakow City Tour in English for 1,5 hours.
Read here for Greek-speaking tours to Wieliczka Salt Mine.
So on those prices, you need to add the train tickets cost (around €30 per person in total).
Plan your trip to Krakow and Wieliczka from Warsaw
The best way to travel from Warsaw to Wieliczka is with a car rental.
Renting a car costs around €30 per day plus your gas consumption that is estimated to €60 euro to go and come back to Warsaw.
In case you are not able to drive, the second-best option is the fast train (EIP / IC).
The train usually cost between 15 and 25 euro per person one way and takes around 2 hours and 20 minutes.
You can book online your train from the intercity website. You should book the train to Krakow Główny (central station).
Then you will need to go to Wieliczka Salt Mine with the bus 304, just outside the entrance of Galleria Krakowska. Depend on which route you would like to make, you may need to go to a different address.
Most routes start from ul. Daniłowicza 10 (Danilowicz Shaft). The Miner's route and the Mysteries of Wieliczka Mine start from Plac. Kościuszki 9 (Regis Shaft)Regis Shaft.
How to get to Wieliczka Salt Mine from Krakow?
- If you have a car rental, then add the address mentioned above according to your route selection on the GPS and hit the road. It is around 15 KM.
- You can also go to Wieliczka Salt Mine using public transport.
See the transport route in JakdoJade
- Tourist Route - Take Bus 304 from Krakow Główny - get out in Wieliczka Kopalnia 1 and walk 470m.
- Miners Route and Mysteries of Wieliczka.
Both entrances are around 45 minutes to get there.
My guide will wait for you in Krakow central station and lead you to Wieliczka Salt Mine.
After you finish your tour in Wieliczka in Greek, you will return to Krakow in the same way. You can have lunch and get some rest and then return to Warsaw.
Stay for a night at Wieliczka
- Slowacki Chamber - 125m underground - A place to rest and play.
- Easter Mountains Stable Chamber - A treatment chamber with an underground graduation tower. A place to relax, enjoy a night of healthy sleep, and ease-off stress.
- Grand Sal Hotel **** - In the heart of historical St. Kinga's Park just next to the world-famous Wieliczka Salt Mine.
The idea to stay in Wieliczka is for people that would like to see more than one route and also improve their health.
Krakow City with a Guide
Points of Interest in Krakow (Get a Professional Guide)
You can combine this with the Auschwitz visit and then return to the Krakow's central station to get the train back to Warsaw.
What to see in Krakow?
- Main Market Square - the biggest Medieval old town square in Europe
- Town Hall Tower
- St. Mary’s Basilica
- Krakow Barbican
- Sukiennice (Cloth Hall)
- Wawel Hill with the Cathedral and the Royal Castle (10th century)
- Kazimierz, the former Jewish district
- Underground museum - The best museum in Krakow
See more about Krakow attractions and worth to see.
Do you know?
Kazimierz was an independent town between the 14th and 19th centuries. Today is a cultural center and a favorite place for meetings.
Private Professional English-speaking Guide in Krakow (Price)
- 2 Hours - €80
- 3 Hours - €100
- 4 Hours - €120
Underground Museum in Krakow
Articles Most People Read
- Μουσείο Άουσβιτς Ι, Ξενάγηση και Ιστορία
- Poland money - Does Poland Use the Euro Currency?
- Make Money Online from Home
- The Best of Warsaw Countryside - Enjoy the Nature
- Treblinka extermination camp from Warsaw
- Άουσβιτς ΙΙ Μπίρκεναου, το μεγαλύτερο Κέντρο Εξόντωσης
- How is the weather in Poland Lately
- Έλληνες στο Άουσβιτς: Επίσημα Στοιχεία και Ιστορίες Επιζώντων
- Free in Warsaw Poland - Museums and More