Things to do in Wroclaw - Fun Tours and what to see
A journey to the Capital of Culture during 2016. Also known as the City of 100 Bridges while Dwarfs play important role as well. Discover many exciting facts about the city history and culture. Find out a list of things to do in Wroclaw!
Discover awesome Things to do in Wroclaw.
The largest historical city in western Poland
Wroclaw was the European Capital of Culture in 2016
A beautiful old city with many points of interest!
In a small town called Swidnica, close to Wroclaw
See the Church of Peace - UNESCO!
Things to do in Wroclaw - What to See
Climb the Mathematical Tower - Part of the University of Wroclaw, and one of the best views of the city.
Visit some of the many Craft Beer Bars and drink awesome beers. If this is your hobby, then maybe you would like to check the Craft Beer Tour below.
Walk around the old town, drink some coffee and admire the beautiful architecture.
Town Hall of Wroclaw - Have a stroll around the Old Town till you reach the impressive Museum of Wroclaw University.
Look for the small Gnome figurines, called: "Dwarfs" all over the city! There are over 400 of them so it can be like hunting Pokemon.
Ostrow Tumski - The most important sight of this former island is the Cathedral of St. John the Baptist.
Centennial Hall - Enormous building listed on UNESCO Heritage List. Built in early 20 century is a place of important events, exhibitions and congress.
Explore the city of bridges - Wroclaw is called “the city of bridges” and that’s a pretty good description as there are 117 bridges and footbridges.
Take advantage of the city bikes - Use the city bikes, you have to only register on this website: Wroclaw City Bikes. Pay just 1PLN and start using the bikes. The first 20 minutes are free and after 20 min you have to pay 2 PLN for one hour, and 4 PLN for every other hour.
Visit the ZOO of Wroclaw - ZOO of Wroclaw is the oldest and the most famous in Poland. Contains a zoo, a garden and an awesome aquarium. Check the: ZOO Website
Explore one of the biggest secrets of the Third Reich with this fantastic transfer between Wroclaw and Project Riese. Check more info.
You might be interested also in
Walk around the Old Town in Wrocław
The best way of getting to know the city
Private Walking Tour - Things to do in Wroclaw.
This tour will show you the most beautiful nooks, of the city and tell the most interesting stories about Wrocław. The guide will meet you at your hotel and give you a short introduction to the Wroclaw history.
Then you start a tour which can by customized on what you prefer to see.
- Excellent value for money
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Family friendly
- Flexibility to customize your itinerary to your own preferences
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
Points of interest for the tour
- Ostrów Tumski(Cathedral Island) – This former island is the oldest part of the city. This area is famous for its Gothic churches and numerous historic monuments. Evenings here are especially charming due to the gas lampposts still lit and extinguished by a lamp lighter.
- St. John the Baptist Cathedral: one of the towers features an elevator that brings visitors up to an observation deck.
- Collegiate church of the Holy Cross
- Wyspa Piaskowa (Sand Island)
- University Library on the sand, houses the largest collection of historic printed material in Poland. The Church of The Blessed Virgin Mary on the river embankment from where you can admire a panoramic view of Ostow Tumski and the Ossolineum building.
- Market Hall
- Romanesque house
- Nankier Square
- The Ossolineum
- The University of Wrocław. The main headquarters of the University is the largest Baroque edifice in Wrocław. It features the University museum, the stunningly beautiful Baroque Leopold Hall, the Oratorium Marianum (currently a music hall), as well as the astronomical observatory, which houses exhibits. The mathematical tower deck is open to visitors, and boasts a spectacular panoramic view of the city.
- The Church of the Most Holy Name of Jesus (University church), one of the most beautiful Baroque churches in central Europe is located right next door.
- The Old Butchers’ stalls
- St. Elisabeth’s church
- The Main Market Square
- The Salt Market Square
- The Town Hall
More tours in Wroclaw
Airport Pickups and Fun Tours
Wroclaw Food Tasting Tour
Enjoy a 3.5-hours the food tasting tour including 11-13 different food samples and beverages, including a shot of Polish vodka and tasting Polish craft beer at 4-5 local restaurants.
This tour is about more than just food. As we walk, talk, and eat, your guide regales you with stories of the cultural traditions and history of the places we go and the foods we try.
In order to give you the personalized experience you deserve, we keep our tours small. We will chat like good friends, and you can ask any questions you want about the foods, the locations, or Polish culture in general.
You’ll have a chance to sample 11-13 different foods, ending with a delectable dessert. This is definitely not a tour to start on a full stomach! It can easily substitute for a meal.
Wroclaw Vodka Tasting
Walk, sample, and enjoy pairings on this 3-hour vodka and cultural wine tasting tour. Visit 4-5 local Polish pubs and restaurants where the best quality vodkas are served.
Taste 6-7 different types of vodka and delight in appropriate food that accompanies to vodka well.
Did you know that Polish vodka is widely believed to be some of the best in the world?
If you’d like to find out for yourself, definitely join this vodka tour in Wroclaw.
Visit Auschwitz from Wroclaw
A Private Full-Day Tour to Auschwitz-Birkenau
Visit Auschwitz-Birkenau, the largest Nazi concentration camp during World War II, with private transport from Wroclaw.
The camp has been preserved as museum and you can choose to visit it individually or as part of group with a guide.
Touring the camp with a guided group tour takes about four hours and includes a visit to the second part of the camp, Auschwitz II-Birkenau.
Price of this tour start from €75. See more info about the the Auschwitz tour from Wroclaw.
Find the Cheapest Hotels in Wroclaw
Check these amazing Hotel Deals in Wrocław
Airport Transports for Wroclaw airport
Private door-door transfer between your Wroclaw hotel (if it is centrally located) and the Wroclaw airport. Comfortable seats with generous leg room, air conditioning and luggage storage.
Enjoy smooth, friendly and hassle-free transfer service. Meet and greet by a professional driver. Private transfers operate 24 hours, 7 days a week.
We Hope you Enjoy and Have Fun in Wroclaw!!
You might like to visit the
Church of Peace in Swidnica and surrounding castles!
Articles Most People Read
- Poland money - Does Poland Use the Euro Currency?
- Events & Concerts in Poland - Greek Events
- Η ΖΩΗ ΣΤΗΝ ΒΑΡΣΟΒΙΑ, ΚΟΣΤΟΣ ΖΩΗΣ ΚΑΙ ΔΟΥΛΕΙΑ
- Breakfast for just 1 zloty in Warsaw - Śniadanie za złotówkę
- ΜΟΥΣΕΙΟ ΑΟΥΣΒΙΤΣ I - ΞΕΝΑΓΗΣΗ ΚΑΙ ΙΣΤΟΡΙΑ
- For Free in Warsaw Poland - Free Museums and Free Concerts
- Why you should spend Christmas in Poland and New Year in Warsaw
- Warsaw Poland, Warszawa - Life, Cost of Life and How to find Job
- Awesome places outside Warsaw - Enjoy the Nature from Warsaw
Wroclaw Tours - Get Guide
Some links on this page are affiliate links. Meaning, at no extra cost to you, i will earn commission. Only if you click through and book a tour or a hotel.
Commissions are the only source of income. I recommend known products and World Wide, personally Tested Companies!
I am doing my best to help you plan your trip to Poland. Any feedbback is also appreciated!