Private Krakow and Auschwitz tours from Warsaw (Greek - English)
Auschwitz I and Auschwitz II are a must see in Poland. Let's plan a trip for a private tour to Auschwitz from Warsaw. In the same day you are going to see also the city of Krakow and then return back to Warsaw with train.
A factory of death, Auschwitz - Visual Evidence
Krakow, a fairy tales city and the former capital of Poland
See both Krakow and Auschwitz from Warsaw in One Day!
Greek or English
Are you are looking for the easiest way to visit Auschwitz I and Auschwitz II from Warsaw?
The easiest way is by taking a tour from Warsaw with Hotel Pickup. It is the easiest and more convenient way but not the cheaper one. Also this is not a private tour.
Briefly, you will need to get to Krakow and i am going to explain you how. In Krakow you will be picked up by my amazing guide and see Auschwitz I, Auschwitz II and Krakow and then get the train back to Warsaw.
This is not only going to be a Private tour just for your group, but you will also save a lot of money.
Krakow and Auschwitz tour from Warsaw
The city of Oświęcim (Oshwieoutsim) is a small city in Poland, which became infamous for hosting the Auschwitz Camps. Basically the name of the camps was taken from the name of the city.
You are going to take an early train to Krakow from Warsaw. As soon as you arrive in Krakow, my guide will wait for you at the train station. Your guide to Auschwitz I and Auschwitz II will start.
You will take a bus to Auschwitz I. The trip is around 1,5 hours. You are going to see all the open Blocks with a private guide in English or in Greek.
Then you will take the bus between Auschwitz I and Auschwitz II and you will see Birkenaou with the same private guide. After you pay your respects in Auschwitz, you will return to Krakow.
You are going to have lunch in Krakow or even before if you prefer. Finally, you will take a 2 hour private guide in Krakow, to see some of the most important sites if the city.
After this, you will be guided to the central station to take the train back to Warsaw. We are open to this last step, as you might want to stay for the night or for a few drinks and then return.
This is a once in a lifetime trip, everything is organized for you. You start from Warsaw.
Auschwitz I - Gate quote
Arbeit macht frei - "Work sets you free". The expression comes from the title of a Novel written by the German philologist Lorenz Diefenbach.
The Novel story is about gamblers and fraudsters which find the path to virtue through labor.
In Nazi case, there was mostly innocent people. Read More in Wikipedia about the famous quote that is in the entrance of Auschwitz I.
The quote was used also in other Nazi camps.
What to expect to see in Auschwitz
Everyone knows what happened in Auschwitz. It is the primary symbol of the Holocaust. The Nazi Germans killed more than 1,300,000 people, mostly Jews.
There are undeniable proofs of the Nazi cruel crimes and unimaginable genocide they commit. Hair of people, shoes, personal belongings and suitcases with names.
The original fences, wooden watchtowers and railway ramps have been preserved. Also in the collections of the museum (Auschwitz I), you will see original documents and also the first gas champers.
A visit to the biggest factory of death, Auschwitz II Birkenaou is also included.
What happened in Auschwitz
People have been said they are going to a better place. Nazi didn't care if there was children, pregnant woman or older people. The selection was simple. They can work or not, are they useful to us or not.
Useful people had bigger chances to survive for longer time. Some people survived only for few days or few hours. Some people died on the way and some other was transferred directly to the gas champers.
Woman was holding tight their children, taking them to the death. Some people was playing the disabled to avoid the labor and they end in gas champers. Families separated, children stayed alone and used in doctors experiments.
The hardest work was made by the ZonderCommando. They was responsible to burn their own people into ashes. That was the most creepy invention of the Nazi Germans.
As soon as they where opening the doors of the gas champers, the dead bodies was falling in front of them. The most tragic, was that on the top there was small child's.
It seems their parents was throwing them hoping that they will breathe :( The total extermination and humiliation of the Jewish nation, that was what Nazi where trying to do in the "Final Solution"
Krakow from the other hand, is a beautiful city in Poland
Together with the Auschwitz private guide, you are going to have a 2 hour private guide in Greek or English in the city of Krakow. Some of the points of interest in the city are listed below.
- Main Market Square - the biggest Medieval square in Europe.
- Old Town
- Town Hall Tower
- St. Mary’s Basilica,
- Krakow's Barbican
- Sukiennice (Cloth Hall)
- Wawel Hill
- Cathedral and the Royal Castle
** Ability to exchange Krakow Guide with Oświęcim Guide
You cannot see all the above mentioned, but our guide is open and you can choose which one you prefer to visit. As this is private guide just for you or your group. Nobody else will enter.
Private Krakow-Auschwitz Tour Languages
The tour can be conducted in
What is included
- Pickup from Krakow central train station (Krakow Główny).
- Bus to Auschwitz from Krakow and back.
- Entrance Fees
- Private guide in Auschwitz I and Auschwitz II.
- Basic Lunch (Soup - Try the best Zurek in bread, Main Dish and one drink per person).
- Private 2 Hours guide in Krakow.
Suggested Restaurants by us
- Train ticket from Warsaw to Krakow and Krakow to Warsaw (You can also go by a car rental)
- Hotel pickup from Warsaw. You can use Taxi, Taxify or UBER to get to the train station.
- Extra food or drinks.
- Private Guide will be with you as soon as you arrive in Krakow
- 10 hours private guiding in Krakow, Auschwitz I and Auschwitz II (Greek or English)
- Lunch with a drink in awesome restaurants in Krakow
- Your group only. You can also have a private transport (Krakow - Auschwitz - Krakow)
- Ability to stay in Krakow and return whenever you like (Life is an adventure)
- Ability to focus on the places you want to see.
- Ability to exclude the lunch price from the total price (You pay your food in this case)
- We are flexible to plan it according to your preferences and Auschwitz tickets availability.
The prices below are per Group / Not per person
For example 2 person pay in total €262 (which is €131 per person)
Lunch can be excluded on demand - €15 per person
|Group of 5||Group of 4||Group of 3||Group of 2||1 participant|
Extra To Pay
** For Up-to 8 people: For every extra person add: €15 for food and €8 for transport. This is a Private Guide - Only Transport is Shared.
- Train: Warsaw - Krakow - Warsaw -- Around €50 per person both ways with fast train.
- Private Transport: Krakow - Auschwitz I - Auschwitz II - Krakow is €95 per Group - The Price above include €8 per person transport with bus.
- Taxi from your hotel to the train station in Warsaw - €10 both ways (Group)
If you rent a Car from Warsaw (from €29 per day - Get FREE quote) - You can deduct €8 per person. You will also not need the train between Warsaw and Krakow and any Taxi
Tour Planning - How to Book
You need to book this tour in advance, you cannot book last day. It has to be at least 1 week before.
The tour also depend on Tickets and Guide availability. The tour is Private so you are going to have a Guide for your group only
Just send a message with the dates of interest and how many people are you.
Book transport Warsaw - Krakow
When we confrim availability for guide and tickets, you can then plan your transport Warsaw - Krakow - Warsaw.
You can book train ticktes here: https://www.intercity.pl/en/. You might even find tickets from €15. There is a cheaper train that go in 3 hours instead of 2 hours and 20 minutes.
You can rent a car in Warsaw and go with your car rental. You will need a Credit Card, but this option will save you a lot of time and money.
For all the services there is no pre-payment. You may only need to pay for your tickets, but for the guide services, you pay the Guide on Site.
Decide what to do after the tour
The tour is Private and Flexible. We plan the tour in the best way. There are a few options you can choose from.
- Book a return train in advance around 21:00. No time to see Krakow except from the 2 hours guide.
- Take the train at 23:00 and have a few beers in Krakow befofe you get back to Warsaw.
- Arrange a hotel or a hostel and stay for the night. Get back to Warsaw the next Day
Note that in the last case, you have to be aware about the backpack dimensions you are allowed to have with you and also to be comfortable in the 10 hours guiding that will have some walking.
Anyway, if you decide this, then just search below to find the cheapest places to stay in Krakow for the night.
Finally after you arrive in Warsaw railway station, take a taxi back to your hotel. Be aware about the fake taxi. I suggest that you read my transport guide in Warsaw, you will find all you need to know.
The best way to Discover Auschwitz and Krakow from Warsaw
See also: Krakow and Wieliczka Tours from Warsaw
Are you in Krakow for one full Day? This is the best value for money tour you can get.
With only €70 per person, take a Day Trip to Auschwitz-Birkenau and Wieliczka Salt Mine from Krakow including Lunch
Oświęcim (Living in the shadow of Auschwitz is not easy.)
The small city Oświęcim in Poland, which became infamous during the World War II and famous later on as Auschwitz.
The place where 3 main concentration and extermination camps existed during the World War II (Auschwitz I, Auschwitz II Birkenaou and Auschwitz III, Monowitz) together with many other sub-camps not known to the most us.
In the city there are around 40,000 citizens and it is a very nice city in Poland.
People try to do whatever they can so the city won’t be connected only with death camps, but also with something nice. This is one of the reasons they started the
"TAURON LIFE Festival Oświęcim"
The idea of the festival comes from Darek Maciborek, a music journalist of a major Polish radio station RMF FM, who lives in Oświęcim.
His intention was to “break the spell” of his home town that is commonly associated solely with the Auschwitz-Birkenau Museum, the largest German concentration and extermination camp during the Second World War.
The main concept of TLFO is to build peaceful relations beyond cultural and state borders where there is no place for discrimination, racism and anti-Semitism.
Among headliners of 8 editions of the festival were: Scorpions, Queen & Adam Lambert, Elton John, Manu Chao, Eric Clapton, Soundgarden, Sting, Peter Gabriel and James Blunt.
The bands very often visit Auschwitz Memorial before the concerts, as it is just a few blocks away.
Maybe someone could add some nice pictures of the city when someone search for: "Oświęcim" or "Auschwitz" in Stock photos like: https://pixabay.com/en/photos/oświęcim
Let's inspire the change. Let's write something about the city and the festival. Make more people know about this.
Short Video from the Festival
History of the town: http://www.it.oswiecim.pl/History-of-the-town-158.html
Looking what else to do in the city?
- The Castle Museum in Oświęcim
- Jewish Center in Oświęcim and the Chewra Lomdej Misznajot Synagogue
- The Association of Roma in Poland
- Museum of Bl. Mother Małgorzata Szewczyk in Oswiecim
- Town Hall (Ratusz |) Museum
- Auschwitz I Museum
- The Castle
- Defense tower
- The Synagogue
- The Ślebarski's House
- The Herz Hotel
- The Wedding Palace
- Church of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary
- Convent Complex of Seraphic Sisters in Oświęcim
- Parish Cemetery
- The Mausoleum of the Haller Family in Dwory
Take a look to the Virtual tour of Oświęcim
Articles Most People Read
- Poland money - Does Poland Use the Euro Currency?
- Events & Concerts in Poland - Greek Events
- Η ΖΩΗ ΣΤΗΝ ΒΑΡΣΟΒΙΑ, ΚΟΣΤΟΣ ΖΩΗΣ ΚΑΙ ΔΟΥΛΕΙΑ
- ΜΟΥΣΕΙΟ ΑΟΥΣΒΙΤΣ I - ΞΕΝΑΓΗΣΗ ΚΑΙ ΙΣΤΟΡΙΑ
- For Free in Warsaw Poland - Free Museums and Free Concerts
- Breakfast for just 1 zloty in Warsaw - Śniadanie za złotówkę
- Why you should spend Christmas in Poland and New Year in Warsaw
- Warsaw Poland, Warszawa - Life, Cost of Life and How to find Job
- Awesome places outside Warsaw - Enjoy the Nature from Warsaw