Greek tours to Krakow and Auschwitz from Warsaw
Auschwitz I and Auschwitz II are a must-see in Poland. Let me plan a Greek-speaking tour to Auschwitz either from Krakow or Warsaw. Learn the history of Auschwitz in our language.
A factory of death, Auschwitz - Visual Evidence
Krakow, a fairy tales city and the former capital of Poland
See both Krakow and Auschwitz from Warsaw in One Day!
Read the Greek Article: Greek Tours to Auschwitz from Krakow
Greek tour to Krakow and Auschwitz from Warsaw
Train or Private Transport
Are you are looking for the easiest way to visit Krakow, Auschwitz I and II from Warsaw?
Private Transport from Warsaw to Auschwitz I, Birkenau, Krakow and then back to Warsaw: €340 (Group 1-5 people)
Ask for more information - Contact Us
Greek tours to Krakow and Auschwitz from Warsaw
Get to Krakow with train - Continue with Private Transport
The fastest way to get to Krakow from Warsaw is by train. You need to book your train from the intercity website (Warszawa Centralna - Krakow Główny)
The fast train will take around 2 hours and 20 minutes only and if you book it early, then it may cost only 49 PLN per person.
The city of Oświęcim (Oshwieoutsim) is a small city in Poland, which became infamous for hosting the Auschwitz Camps.
You are going to take an early train to Krakow from Warsaw. As soon as you arrive in Krakow, our amazing Auschwitz Greek-speaking guide will wait for you at the train station.
Your guide to Auschwitz I and Auschwitz II will start in Krakow. This is a unique greek tour to Auschwitz.
You have two options for transportation from Krakow Główny to Auschwitz and back.
- LAJKONIK bus to Auschwitz I which cost only €8 per person.
- Private transport only for your group. Private transport cost €95 per group (1-7 people). There is the ability to book private transport only without the Greek-speaking guide.
The trip to Auschwitz lasts around 1,5 hours with buses and 1 hour and 15 minutes with private transport.
Our Greek-speaking guide for Auschwitz will be with you for the whole trip to Auschwitz and until you return back to Krakow.
Between the two camps, you can use the FREE bus or your private transport if you have one.
After you pay your respects in Auschwitz, you will return to Krakow.
You are going to have lunch in Krakow or even before if you prefer. Finally, you will take a 2-hour private guide in Krakow, to see some of the most important sites of the city.
After your private greek speaking tour in Krakow, you will be guided to the central station to take the train back to Warsaw.
This is a once in a lifetime trip. Do it as you wish!!
Auschwitz I - Gate quote
Arbeit macht frei - "Work sets you free". The expression comes from the title of a novel written by the German philologist Lorenz Diefenbach.
The Novel story is about gamblers and fraudsters which find the path to virtue through labor.
In the Nazi case, there were mostly innocent people. Read More in Wikipedia about the famous quote that is at the entrance of Auschwitz I.
The quote was used also in other Nazi camps.
What to expect to see in Auschwitz
Everyone knows what happened in Auschwitz. It is the primary symbol of the Holocaust. The Nazi Germans killed more than 1,300,000 people, mostly Jews.
There are undeniable proofs of the Nazi cruel crimes and unimaginable genocide they commit. Hair of people, shoes, personal belongings and suitcases with names.
The original fences, wooden watchtowers, and railway ramps have been preserved.
Also in the collections of the museum (Auschwitz I), you will see original documents and also the first gas chambers.
A visit to the biggest factory of death, Auschwitz II Birkenau is also included.
What happened in Auschwitz
People have been said they are going to a better place. Nazi didn't care if there was children, pregnant woman or older people.
The selection was simple. They can work or not, are they useful to us or not.
Useful people had bigger chances to survive for a longer time.
Some people survived only for a few days or a few hours. Some people died on the way and some others were transferred directly to the gas chambers.
The woman was holding tight their children, taking them to death. Some people were playing the disabled to avoid the labor and they end in gas chambers.
Families separated, children stayed alone and used in doctor's experiments.
The hardest work was made by the Sonderkomando. They were responsible to burn their own people into ashes. That was the most creepy invention of the Nazi Germans.
As soon as they were opening the doors of the gas chambers, the dead bodies were falling in front of them. The most tragic was that on the top there was a small child's.
It seems their parents were throwing them hoping that they will breathe :(
The total extermination and humiliation of the Jewish nation, that was what Nazi was trying to do in the "Final Solution"
Krakow from the other hand is a beautiful city in Poland
Together with the Auschwitz private guide, you are going to have a 2-hour private guide in Greek or English in the city of Krakow.
Some of the points of interest in the city are listed below.
- Main Market Square - the biggest Medieval square in Europe.
- Old Town
- Town Hall Tower
- St. Mary’s Basilica,
- Krakow's Barbican
- Sukiennice (Cloth Hall)
- Wawel Hill
- Cathedral and the Royal Castle
** Ability to exchange Krakow Guide with Oświęcim Guide
You cannot see all the above mentioned, but our guide is open and you can choose which one you prefer to visit.
As this is a private guide just for you or your group. Nobody else will enter.
Private Krakow-Auschwitz Tour Languages
The tour can be conducted in
- English (Group Tour in Auschwitz)
- Greek - For Greek-speaking guide inside Auschwitz, there are other conditions applied. Please refer to Greek Guide to Auschwitz.
What is included
- Guide pickup from Krakow central train station (Krakow Główny).
- Bus to Auschwitz from Krakow and back with Guide assistance.
- Entrance Fees in Auschwitz.
- Group tour in Auschwitz I and Birkenau.
- Private 2 Hours guide in Krakow.
- Guide for the way to Auschwitz and Back.
Suggested Restaurants by us
- Train ticket from Warsaw to Krakow and Krakow to Warsaw (You can also go by car rental or private transport )
- Hotel pickup from Warsaw. You can use Taxi, Taxify or UBER to get to the train station.
- Food or Drinks
- A private guide will be with you as soon as you arrive in Krakow.
- 2-hours private greek guiding in Krakow.
- Private Greek-speaking guide in Auschwitz I and II.
- Entrance tickets.
- Flexibility. You can do it with your own car, private transport or bus.
The prices below are per Group / Not per person
Transportation cost from the Central Station in Krakow to Auschwitz and Back to Krakow
Greek-speaking guide for the whole tour to Auschwitz (around 7 hours)
Professional licensed Greek-speaking tour in Krakow (2 Hours)
Transport with Bus
|1 ΑΤΟΜΟ||2 ΑΤΟΜΑ||3 ΑΤΟΜΑ||4 ΑΤΟΜΑ||5 ΑΤΟΜΑ||6 ΑΤΟΜΑ||7 ΑΤΟΜΑ|
Transport with private transport
|1 ΑΤΟΜΟ||2 ΑΤΟΜΑ||3 ΑΤΟΜΑ||4-7 ΑΤΟΜΑ|
Extra to this Trip
- Train: Warsaw - Krakow - Warsaw -- Can be booked from 100 PLN per person if this is booked early.
- Transport from your hotel to the train station in Warsaw and back - €10 both ways (Group)
- You can also rent a car from Warsaw - from €29 per day - Get a FREE quote
Book your train from Warsaw to Krakow
When we confirm availability for guide and tickets, you can then plan your transport Warsaw - Krakow - Warsaw.
You can book train tickets from https://www.intercity.pl/en/.
You might even find tickets from €15. There is a cheaper train that goes in 3 hours instead of 2 hours and 20 minutes (TLK).
You can rent a car in Warsaw and go with your car rental. You will need a Credit Card, but this option will save you a lot of time and money.
For all the services there is no pre-payment. You may only need to pay for your tickets, but for the guide services, you pay the Guide on Site.
Decide what to do after the tour
The tour is Private and Flexible. We plan the tour in the best way. There are a few options you can choose from.
- Book a return train in advance around 21:00 or later according to availability.
- Arrange a hotel or a hostel and stay for the night. Get back to Warsaw the next day.
The best way to Discover Auschwitz and Krakow from Warsaw
See also: Krakow and Wieliczka Tours from Warsaw
Are you in Krakow for one full Day? This is the best value for money tour you can get.
With only €70 per person, take a Day Trip to Auschwitz-Birkenau and Wieliczka Salt Mine from Krakow including Lunch
Oświęcim (Living in the shadow of Auschwitz is not easy.)
The small city Oświęcim in Poland, which became infamous during World War II and famous later on as Auschwitz.
The place where 3 main concentration and extermination camps existed during the World War II (Auschwitz I, Auschwitz II Birkenau and Auschwitz III, Monowitz) together with many other sub-camps not known to the most us.
In the city, there are around 40,000 citizens and it is a very nice city in Poland.
People try to do whatever they can so the city won’t be connected only with death camps, but also with something nice. This is one of the reasons they started the
"TAURON LIFE Festival Oświęcim"
The idea of the festival comes from Darek Maciborek, a music journalist of a major Polish radio station RMF FM, who lives in Oświęcim.
His intention was to “break the spell” of his home town that is commonly associated solely with the Auschwitz-Birkenau Museum, the largest German concentration, and extermination camp during the Second World War.
The main concept of TLFO is to build peaceful relations beyond cultural and state borders where there is no place for discrimination, racism, and anti-Semitism.
Among headliners of 8 editions of the festival were: Scorpions, Queen & Adam Lambert, Elton John, Manu Chao, Eric Clapton, Soundgarden, Sting, Peter Gabriel, and James Blunt.
The bands very often visit Auschwitz Memorial before the concerts, as it is just a few blocks away.
Maybe someone could add some nice pictures of the city when someone searches for "Oświęcim" or "Auschwitz" in Stock photos like https://pixabay.com/en/photos/oświęcim
Let's inspire the change. Let's write something about the city and the festival. Make more people know about this.
Short Video from the Festival
History of the town: http://www.it.oswiecim.pl/History-of-the-town-158.html
Looking what else to do in the city?
- The Castle Museum in Oświęcim
- Jewish Center in Oświęcim and the Chewra Lomdej Misznajot Synagogue
- The Association of Roma in Poland
- Museum of Bl. Mother Małgorzata Szewczyk in Oswiecim
- Town Hall (Ratusz |) Museum
- Auschwitz I Museum
- The Castle
- Defense tower
- The Synagogue
- The Ślebarski's House
- The Herz Hotel
- The Wedding Palace
- Church of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary
- Convent Complex of Seraphic Sisters in Oświęcim
- Parish Cemetery
- The Mausoleum of the Haller Family in Dwory
Take a look to the Virtual tour of Oświęcim
Articles Most People Read
- ΜΟΥΣΕΙΟ ΑΟΥΣΒΙΤΣ I - ΞΕΝΑΓΗΣΗ ΚΑΙ ΙΣΤΟΡΙΑ
- Poland money - Does Poland Use the Euro Currency?
- Η ΖΩΗ ΣΤΗΝ ΒΑΡΣΟΒΙΑ, ΚΟΣΤΟΣ ΖΩΗΣ ΚΑΙ ΔΟΥΛΕΙΑ
- Why you should spend Christmas in Poland and New Year in Warsaw
- ΑΟΥΣΒΙΤΣ ΙΙ - ΜΠΙΡΚΕΝΑΟΥ, ΤΟ ΜΕΓΑΛΥΤΕΡΟ ΚΕΝΤΡΟ ΕΞΟΝΤΩΣΗΣ
- Warsaw Airport, how to travel to the city center and city transportation
- Awesome places outside Warsaw - Enjoy the Nature from Warsaw
- Best places to Party in Warsaw, Poland
- Breakfast for just 1 zloty in Warsaw - Śniadanie za złotówkę